This is a one-day interactive, training programme designed for front-line staff who provide a service to international customers. We can deliver this as an in-house training programme, or brief your trainers to enable them to deliver it to your employees and provide all of the required training materials.
The training programme aims to enable participants to:
- identify what their organisation has to offer customers
- understand who their customers are and what they need and expect
- meet, manage and, whenever possible, exceed customer expectations
- identify the key elements of customer service excellence
- create a positive impression on customers and enhance the image of their organisation
- choose appropriate behaviour for different customer service situations
- ensure their customer service delivery complies with relevant legislation, policies, codes of conduct and organisational procedures
- work with their colleagues to deliver excellent service on a consistent basis
- communicate and establish rapport with customers – face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing
- identify methods of promoting their organisation and boosting business
- deal effectively with situations where customer expectations have not been met
- review their performance and plan for customer service improvement.1 The role of service excellence.
- Welcoming international visitors
- Why are we here?
2. The international tourism industry
- Tourism: a global industry
- International tourism to the UK
- Where do our overseas visitors come from?
- Our strengths and weaknesses
- Hosting major events
- Travelling to the UK
3. Winning words
- World languages
- Who speaks what language?
- A world-class welcome*
- Promoting facilities and services*
- Giving directions*
- Registration and reservations*
- Creating a lasting impression*
4. Communicating effectively
- Preparing to communicate with international visitors
- Information in foreign languages
- Speaking to international visitors
- International body language
- Resolving misunderstandings
5. Identifying cultural expectations
- What is culture?
- Cultural awareness
- Major world religions
- Avoiding stereotypes
- Tastes of the world
- Meeting the needs of all UK residents
- Working in a diverse team
6. Providing world-class service
- Providing practical assistance
- Worldwide communication
- Providing accommodation
- Presenting our heritage
- Meeting the needs of business visitors
- Hosting an international group
- Attracting more overseas visitors
7. Developing an action plan
* These sections involve practising the use of key phrases in one or more foreign languages chosen from Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian and Spanish.
All participants are provided with a booklet of key phrases in the above languages, a CD to assist them to practice and a reference guide to key international markets.
If you are interested in booking this course, please call us.